It is a common question everyone is having nowadays that what are the top best SEO plugins for WordPress should be used. So there is no such thing as a definitive list of the Best SEO plugins for WordPress, because it is subjective. So let’s understand it in a layman language. Whenever we want to search for something online, where do we start? If you are a majority of internet users, then you all start with a search engine. You type some phrases on keywords and then ignoring the past and first few results we go for our preferences.
If you want your results to prioritize and have any chance of driving organic traffic to your website, even you are not an SEO expert. This is possible with the help of SEO tools. Sometimes SEO is considered a little bit confusing even for experienced website owners. Because posts and pages with high potential, fixed broken links, or conducting a complete SEO audit is not easy for most of the website owners. But when we are equipped with the right tools and enough needed knowledge then the work will be easier.
Fortunately, there are plenty of great SEO tools available. But then the problem arises that which SEO plugins should be selected for installation, so here I am with a bucket list of different plugins which will help to improve the SEO.
1- Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is considered as the king WordPress SEO plugins and its performance is outstanding with 5- star ratings. It impresses the WordPress with fast updates, the most user-friendly option for making posts and pages, and with a beautiful interface. If we want to improve the WordPress SEO, by optimizing the sites and by creating good content, Yoast SEO Plugin is the best place to start. It’s also the “main” SEO plugins use on the Ahrefs Blog.
What we can do with it?
- Create an XML Sitemap
- Verify your site in Webmaster Tools (Google, Bing, Baidu, Yandex, etc.)
- Exclude certain types of content from being indexed in search engine results (e.g., categories, tags, media)
- Create tittle and meta description templates.
- Optimize your AMP pages.
There are many features of Yeast SEO plugins to focus on, but some of them are as follows:-
- Type in keywords and analyze how well you have optimized for those keywords on pages and posts.
- See exactly what your Google Search engine results are going to look like. We can adjust the meta description and title to make it more appealing and keyword-rich.
- A readability check is completed on all pages for you to understand if you need a breakup paragraphs or add elements like headers or numbered list.
- The plugins detect if you have duplicate content on your page
- They also update the plugins every two weeks.
You can install the Yoast SEO plugin for free to access all of these features and benefits. But the premium version will give you upgrades like:-
- 24/7 support
- No advertisements
- Redirect management options
- Page previews on different platforms
- Suggestions for internal linking
At the very least, we recommend you all trying to use the free Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress.
2- All in one SEO pack
All in one SEO pack is the most popular WordPress SEO plugin which offers a comprehensive set of tools which helps in improving the website. The name pretty much explains it all. All in one SEO pack allows you to add SEO title and meta tags, XML sitemaps, image sitemaps, open graph meta tags, and more.
It also works with WooCommerce to optimize your online store for SEO. It comes with easy setup and allows you to control access to a different setting with a feature manager.
All in one SEO pack pro plugin gives you access to more addons with a more suitable solution that Yoast SEO plugin which is considered as the second most popular WordPress SEO plugin in the market.
The biggest benefit is in the fact that we all don’t need any experience to get started. We just have to read and have to input the right data in the right fields to efficiently use the plugins.
Some features of All in one SEO pack includes:-
- Automatic optimization of titles for all search engines
- Automatic generation of META tags
- XML sitemap and Google Analytics support
- Helps you avoid duplicate content, which can have a negative impact on search engines ranking
- Ability to override any setting
Therefore, all in one SEO pack can give as much control as we all want. We can also take more responsibility through the advanced features of this plugin.
3- Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free tool offered by Google to the users to help website owners monitor, manage, and maintain their website’s presence in Google search results. It alerts when Google is unable to crawl and index pages on your website and also helps by providing tips on how to fix those crawl errors.
Most importantly, it shows which keywords the website is ranking for, average position, impressions, anchor texts, and many more. By using the data to find keywords that can be used easily to rank higher by simply optimizing the content. We can use the keyword data to come up with new blog post ideas.
For more details, kindly go through the comprehensive Google Search Console guide which is especially for beginners.
Yoast SEO comes with an easy integration that lets everyone to setup Google Search Console without writing any code.
4- The SEO Framework
The SEO Framework is yet another strong alternative to Yoast and the All in One SEO Pack. It is a fast and lightweight SEO plugin for WordPress without any ads and upsells as compare to others. It mainly focusses on helping out the users who are more concerned about keeping the website speeds high while spending less time with confusing SEO articles.
This interface is perfect for beginners. The API is also open for advanced users to access freely. The SEO Framework plugin is all-inclusive, and it offers more advanced functionality with the help of extensions. Some of them include:-
- An AMP integration
- Article enhancement
- Incognito mode
- Comment caching for spammers
- Local SEO
- Monitoring for SEO and uptime
Features of The SEO Framework are as follows:-
- The SEO framework doesn’t sell anything to all. Some of the features match to Yoast, but here it is not required to pay premium features.
- It has a local SEO extension for companies that need to set up and display important local business information.
- The visual, colored meter/scale provides a more user-friendly way to check whether or not our post is going to perform well on Google.
- The comment spamming extension removes the need for an additional plugin.
- Most of the SEO settings are preconfigured so that there’s little to set up after installing the plugin.
SEOPress is a type of All in One SEO plugin for WordPress with no ads. It’s completely white-labeled with no footprints even in the free version. It’s fast, simple, and powerful, allows you to manage all of your title and meta descriptions for posts and pages.
Create XML and HTML sitemaps, track your visitors with Google analytics and optimize tags for sharing your content on social networks. The free version also provides content analysis to help webmasters to write better SEO optimized posts.
The premium version of SEOPress extends its functionality and adds advanced features like:-
- Breadcrumbs optimized for SEO and accessibility
- Local business SEO
- Video and Google News XML sitemaps
- WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads optimizations
- Backlines from integration with majestic
- Google structured data types products, article, events, local business
- Google Analytics stats in your WordPress dashboard
- Redirections and 404 monitoring
Some features of SEOPress that makes it a great choice:-
- No adds and the editor will see a meta box with no reference to SEOPress
- It lets us add Google Analytics tracking to the site in seconds.
- Quick and easy Twitter meta tags and Facebook open graph data
6- Rank Math
Rank Math allows everyone to manage all of their on-page SEO needs for every type of content on their respective website. This type of WordPress plugin is so effective because it’s integrated with Google Search Console so that it makes it easier for everyone to see all of the important information directly from their administrative dashboard in WordPress.
Following are the meta tags managed by Rank Math:-
Rank Math will tell users that which keyword they are ranking for and will show how many impressions they are getting for various searches. It also identifies any errors that Google sees on your website.
Some features of Rank Math are as follows:-
- Rich snippets
- XML sitemaps
- Internal linking recommendations
- 404 monitoring
- Local SEO
- Image SEO
Rank math is considered as one of the best SEO plugin for WordPress. It’s a great option for those who are looking for a one-stop-shop for all of these features.
7- SEO Squirrly
SEO squirrely is designed for those people who are not experts in SEO. Other plugins have different ways to access and implement SEO suggestions, but SEO Squirrly brings this to the next level with this best seo plugins for wordpress.
Here is the process of how exactly it works:-
- Input the desired keyword that is to rank for the article which you are writing
- During writing, green light popup suggestion will appear in real-time
- It explains how we can work that keyword into the content
- Just imagine an SEO expert standing over your shoulder while we are writing.
That’s how SEO Squirrly works.
SEO Squirrly also has a tool to analyze their competitor’s content so that we can find ways to outrank their pages. We will also be able to track our progress every week. SEO Squirrly has a range of other tools built-in which includes Strategy Assistant.
SEO Squirrly not only provides the new functionality but it’s introducing a new experience of doing SEO.
Settings Assistant to help correct SEO settings on their website and assure that everything is set up correctly.
Blogging Assistant helps users to write well-rounded, media-rich articles without leaving their WordPress dashboard.
The Keyword research Assistant helps in keeping the records, adds data to users, keyword portfolio and notifies them of better keyword opportunities.
8- Broken Link Checker
The Broken Link Checker WordPress plugin is extremely valuable for your website as if you ignore using it then Google algorithms might penalize you for broken lines.
We all are surrounded by unrealized flaws which can have tons of internal and outbound links in the blog content. We can somehow easily control the pages on our website, but it’s very difficult to maintain the status of pages on other websites which is out of our hands.
9- SEO Optimized images
It’s easy to get so caught up in optimizing your content that you forgot to overlook the importance of images on your website. There is more to using images than simply inserting them into the content. Image optimization in the content will help in improving the rankings. It will also help in driving traffic through Google Images Search.
With the guidance of SEO optimized Images plugins, we can dynamically insert SEO Friendly alt and title attributes into every image. While using this WordPress plugin, it’s extremely easy to add images to your posts and pages. But somehow it doesn’t give a guarantee that it will show an optimal performance.
If we want to avoid any image-related SEO mistakes in the future, be sure that you are using this plugin. It will help you and also will save your time with this best seo plugins for wordpress.
Our website needs to prioritize with SEO because it is simple to handle and they are stress-free. The different types of WordPress plugins provided above will help in improving your website content better one than others. Some of these plugins are for specific SEO features, while others encompass a wider range of SEO elements. I hope that you will find this guide as a useful reference for adding SEO plugins to your WordPress website.